Heat pumps can perform incredibly well, provided you are prudent enough to choose the right size. Whether you want to heat or cool down your interiors, these systems can serve your purpose while maintaining energy efficiency. If you are planning to install a heat pump Wellington, you need to get the size right. With an excessively large system, you would be wasting the excess heat. Again, a smaller heat pump would toil harder to generate adequate heat. Eventually, it would lose its lifespan faster and lead to a spike in your energy bills.
Most Australians hire efficient electricians to install their heat pumps. Experienced professionals can also guide you about the right size of these systems. In this post, you will come across certain tips to choose the right size for your heat pump.
Consider your home’s square footage
The square footage of your home directly determines the capacity of the heat pump you need to go for. These systems come in various capacities, that are calculated in terms of tons. Here’s how you should be choosing your heat pump based on square footage.
- 1 ton: Ideal for 500 Sq. Ft.
- 2 tons: Ideal for 1000 Sq.Ft.
- 3 tons: Ideal for 1,500 Sq.Ft.
- 4 tons: Ideal for 2,000 Sq.Ft.
- 5 tons: Ideal for 2,500 Sq.Ft.
- 6 tons: Ideal for 3,000 Sq.Ft.
Therefore, you simply need to calculate the overall square footage of the space you are going to heat or cool. Accordingly, you need to choose the right capacity for your heat pump.
What factors should you consider while choosing your heat pump?
Even though you can calculate the size of your heat pump based on the square footage, you need to prioritize some other factors. Once you consult a reputed electrician, the experts will recommend you the right size.
- Firstly, you must consider whether the primary purpose of the heat pump is to heat the space or cool it.
- Consider the climate where you are residing. Based on whether it is humid, hot, or snowing, the experts would recommend you the right size.
- Factor in other aspects like the high and low temperatures in each season.
- Experts also consider other aspects like whether your home is properly insulated, airtight, brand new, or old.
- Before choosing the right size, you should consider the number of rooms. Some homeowners also have an open plan area to heat up or cool down.
- The height of your ceilings and the presence of double or single glazing would also determine the size.
- The position of your rooms plays a direct role in making the choice. If it receives direct sunrays, the tonnage might be different.
- Also, consider the number of people residing in the area, depending on whether it is a residential or commercial property.
Why hire certified electricians for heat pump installation?
Homeowners in Wellington habitually hire certified electricians to get their heat pumps installed. For an accurate heat pump installation, make sure to reach out to wellington electrical experts who have been efficiently doing the task over the years. They would help you choose the right location in your room to install these appliances. Moreover, you would need professional services at least once a year to clean the filters. With a leading service provider around, you can benefit from their valuable advice and expertise.